Research and Enterprise Office
What do we do?
The Research & Enterprise Office provides wide-ranging support for the University's research community, assisting with;
How do we do it?
The office is designed to effectively support the University’s strategic objectives and activities in research and knowledge transfer.
- Research Development Managers work with a portfolio of Academic Schools to support their pursuit of research and knowledge exchange opportunities.
- Policy & Project Officers focus on the development of the University's suite of policies with regard to research and knowledge exchange activity as well as interpreting the external policy environmnet and its implications for the University and its activities. Preparation and administration coordination of the University's preparations for the Research Excellence framework (REF) are also based in this part of the team.
- Business Support Administrators work alongside the Research Development Managers in support of the preparation of funding applications and co-ordinate the costing side of the process.
- The Contracts Manager oversees the legal aspects of research work, consultancy and commercialisation.
- The Research Information Officer oversees the systems aspect that underpins the range of support services offered by the REO. This includes the current implementation of the new Research Information System, due to go live within session 2011/12
- The Stirling Graduate School and key support for the Researcher Development Programme is also based within the REO
- The Student Enterprise Programme is also supported by the REO and its manager is based in the Student Enterprise Incubator on the Stirling University Innovation Park.
Get in touch
Enquiries from those with an interest in learning more about the University's research activity are welcomed by the team, who jointly form the 'gateway' to information about particular specialist areas of research expertise, contact with individual researchers, and response on all research-related issues.
For details on how to get in touch with the Research and Enterprise Office, see our Contact Details page.